FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PTY Layover
Thread: PTY Layover
View Single Post
Old Sep 7, 2019, 9:08 pm
ricktoronto

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by slickvik
I have the same situation IAH-PTY-PBM. My luggage has to make it to PBM and layover is 14 hours overnight. Should I check in?
Check in where? You could ask at IAH to send to PTY only and go get them and then go and check-in in PTY for the next flight. But 14 hours before? Maybe not so then what? You are in Panama with luggage, no check-in and no ability to go back through security. I am not sure why you would do that. Is this a forced connection to see Panama like the OP? He never did say what they allowed or not.

Hmm...I see the problem, all inbound flights to PTY arrive after the very early flight to PBM CM318 so you are arriving at 8 at night almost.

I would see if an actual stopover is allowed and stay in Panama for a day vs. sit around that boring hellhole for 14 hours. Or fly Surinam Airways maybe. Not * Alliance though. You have just a lot of terrible choices, frankly. Three connection * Alliance flights to use up time and earn segments and miles, fly on a non-* Alliance carrier or sit around PTY for more than 1/2 a day.

I would visit Panama.