FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New to Manufactured Spending? Start here (2019-2024)
Old Sep 7, 2019, 5:11 pm
cajunguy

Programs: AA, UA, DL, NSA, CIA, MIB
Standing in the check out line at WM today and this guy (with his girl) were asking about the Blue Bird card. The cashier wasn't sure what to do with it which required him turning on the blinker light for a supervisor(yellow vest). When the yellow vest finally showed up she had to explain to the guy what he was buying. This was now 5 more minutes of an already longer 5 minutes before I got to the conveyor belt to put my items on it. Then there was some going back and forth with the idea of 'what am I really buying?" between the cashier and the guy. I couldn't take it anymore. I said "I don't mean to be rude, but could maybe you go sit over there and figure out if you really want to buy this or not?" to which I got a look of shock from the guy and his girl. Oh and there was actually one other customer between us!

I even offered to explain what they were thinking about buying but was given "There are other lines, you know". I replied, "Yes, but now all the lines are just as long." and I stepped back to my items.

They walked out without buying the Bluebird card. I don't expect that they were buying this for any king of Manufactured Spending.

Why wouldn't they have done a little research beforehand or maybe spent time reading what was clearly available on the packaging?

Please, do some reading, here or anywhere and ask questions before you think it's ok to hold up the check-out lines on a Saturday at WM. I should also mention that I was going to load up my GoBank card after purchasing my groceries.

venting over.