FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using AA Twitter social media team: how, what, when (master thread)
Old Sep 7, 2019, 1:12 pm
JonNYC
Suspended

Originally Posted by Martellus
5:40AM - AA DMs me and tells me that my QR flight is protected and tells me to call the EXP line to change my QR booking
6:00AM - Make about 4 phone calls with 4 separate EXP agents. None of them tell me that's a thing they can do. Twitter account says it's a complicated and not done often and I might need to get a supervisor/HUCA/go to the airport.
...10:00AM - Check in with PR at TBIT. Walk through the airside connector to go to the Admirals club and talk to the agent there. Agent tells me the same thing and informs me this isn't a thing.
10:15AM - Pretty much resigned at this point and about to make the paid change, I DM AA twitter one last time (I've been in constant communication with them at this point) essentially telling them I've ran into a dead end with everything. AA twitter tells me that they're looking into it and contacting QR. ...

11:30AM - AA comes through!! AA convinced QR to move the affected flights into my AA record locator and rebooked me onto the later QR flights! What they appeared to have done was to move my outbound QR flights onto the AA itinerary, while the return QR flights remain on the QR itinerary. (Or at least, that's what it seems like happened)
Noon - I thank the twitter account profusely and board PR 113 to MNL. I am currently typing this while sitting in the MNL lounge waiting to board my new QR flight.
Really is a profoundly sad sate of affairs regarding this policy, wow. Glad it worked out for ya!