FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is compensation due for this delayed departure?
Old Sep 7, 2019, 8:27 am
JimInOhio

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by Delta1949

Well, well, holy smoke, my mistake. Thanks, Jimin, for providing the correct length of time of how late the flight was, FWIW, when my wife lined up they changed the departure time from 2033 to 2045 due to a crew change which would have been still less than my 3.5 hours by five minutes, but thanks for delving into it. In this old, feeble mind of mine though there was some sort of two hour thing I was thinking about. Actually, it’s all good. I was simply putting it out there for people who might know the rules on this sort of thing. In all of our years of flying we’ve never nickel dimed anyone trying to get a buck here or there but I thought this pretty extreme a delay so possibly the experienced travelers on here might have the facts. To be quite honest, I found it a little funny if not surprised that the tone of a few comments seemed to be that I was committing some sort of an affront in simply asking my question. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. You all have a great day. ✌��
I wan't being sarcastic at all as the info I provided was actually relevant to how others might respond to your question. OTOH, your response is sarcasm. To be frank, I think your original post invited this tone of a few of the responses you commented on. (Paraphrasing): "fly first class all of the time", "declined a coach ticket on an earlier flight", "waited in the United Club for her desired equipment", "wanted to get some sleep on the Dreamliner", "Diamond Member". People at FlyerTalk want to be helpful to others but stuff like this isn't additive.

I'm glad your wife arrived in Virginia.