FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas {US-NV}
View Single Post
Old Sep 6, 2019, 4:47 pm
GundamWing01

Originally Posted by ijgordon
You can charge the deposit on another Amex card, I think even the FHR website lets you put in a credit card number when you make the reservation. I charged the deposit to my HHonors Amex in April for a May stay. It posted with exactly the same merchant as the final settlement (WALDORF ASTORIA LAS VEGAS WALDORF ASTO - LAS VEGAS, NV), so I assume I got the bonus HHonors points. I got the $100 credit offer as well, although my deposit wasn't enough to qualify, so I can't be 100% certain that it counted toward the required spend, certainly the settlement balance did.
appreciate ur DP. however, im totally surprised and confused. youre telling me that your prepaid amex FHR CC charge showed up as directly billed by property? WTH. that has never happened to me. ALL prepaid FHR has showed up as "AMEX FINE HOTELS RES". has this recently changed? that would be so key. i dont have any recent personal DPs, but maybe its a new thing? just to verify, did you have the option to "Pay At The Hotel" for WA LV? and yes, you can input your own amex CC on the payment screen, but all CC linked with your login will already show up. i would only use amex plat for 5x MR anyway. unless billed directly by hotel, it makes no sense for me to use a different amex given the FHR coding.

furthermore, there is no deposit option for WA LV. maybe this was available before under "Pay At The Hotel"? ive never seen it. of course, this is totally dependent on property, but we are both talking about the same location. under the payment screen "Total Due Today" is the FULL amount for this property. you booked under amex FHR right?? not direct HH website?? im glad things worked differently for you, but it maybe it was YMMV during that period. i would be interested in more DPs.

Last edited by GundamWing01; Sep 6, 2019 at 4:56 pm