FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Trianon Palace, Versailles leaves Jan 15, 2009 [Master Thread]
Old Aug 26, 2004, 10:08 am
claes059

Programs: Marriott Gold, IHG Elite KLM Flying Blue,
Originally Posted by Rolling Stone
I haven't seen one in awhile, but I recall many ads that had rates quoted as per person per night. And it always had the note below it saying "Based on double occupancy" which were weasel words effectively saying it was same rate single or double.

Look at the ad again and I'm sure you'll find that statement somewhere, even if it's in the T&T's. If by some longshot it isn't there anywhere, I'd press the issue and get the pp rate.
I received this friendly answer of the hotel today:

"could you please let me know the link for this special offer to can check if we can open the Terms & Conditions and also Book now. Or I will try to contact someone for hep.

You will get more information about this special offer and as you see, the rate of 130 Euros per person is based on a double room. This is a real special offer for Trianon Palace. To give you an idea, the normal rate for a Standard Pavilion room is 450 Euros per night excluding breakfast.

I stay at your entire disposal, do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Carina de Lemos

Reservation Department

Trianon Palace a Westin Hotel Versailles

Tel 01.30.84.51.20 – Fax 01.30.84.51.21

E.mail [email protected] & [email protected]

Internet www.westin.com/trianonpalace & www.trianonpalace

Best Rate Guarantee - Meilleurs Tarifs Garantis WWW.WESTIN.COM
"

However, when opening the Terms&Conditions of the special offer:

Luxury Weekends in Paris

"Offer is valid 03-AUG-2004 - 22-DEC-2004.Offer is subject to availability. Advance reservations are required. Not applicable to group travel. Additional service charge and tax may apply. Promotion code must be given when reservation is made by phone. Offer cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions. Length of stay restrictions may apply"

Rates of the rooms in the hotel: I have seen them from € 180 (internet only) and going up. Did not actual book them, perhaps when it was for single use the rate would have been doubled?
The rate of €450, I did not see for a standard room when booking in advance for a standard room.

I did not see anywhere information "based on double occupancy", even not in the terms and conditions .