FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Luggage with user replaceable wheels?
View Single Post
Old Sep 6, 2019, 6:54 am
iceblueshoes

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive- Blue, Lifemiles, AA Advantage, VIA Rail Preference, Iberia Plus
Originally Posted by wendyg
If you come through London with any frequency, there's a repair place in South Kensington that replaces wheels on luggage. When my wheels broke on the Brussels cobblestones, I measured the wheels and bought the correct size of skate wheels (off eBay); they then put them in (because they couldn't source wheels for my particular make of bag, but they can for most). You could also ask them to modify the bag so you can easily replace the wheels yourself.

wg
Unfortunately I don't get to London too often. I should've looked into it when I was there in the fall and going around on 3 wheels.
Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
My rolly-bags and large check-in bags are from Pelican / Stormcase, which have easily user-replaced, very nicely rolling heavy duty wheels. My large case (50 lbs+) just had a wheel fail after about twelve years, they sent me a new set, free.

Might be too industrial-looking for ya, though.

Have you called Heys? I've seen their wheels for sale on eBay (there's none there now, I just checked), but I'd always start by calling or emailing the manufacturer. ( [email protected] )
They might have things like that not listed for sale on their website, but who knows? They might just send some out like Pelican does!
I haven't myself, but know other people have asked and were asked for a receipt (which they didn't have) or wanted the people to drive it out there. Since I don't have a car, I can't really take it out there.
Originally Posted by GoRavens
Amazon sells replacement wheels (casters) for their Amazon Basics brand spinner bags. Link

Pack of 4 for $15.
I'll check out that link. Much appreciated!