FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "game" since Flyertalk
View Single Post
Old Sep 5, 2019, 1:44 pm
El Boocho

Originally Posted by moondog
There were a few good angles with TYP, but my favorite was that 20k points was sufficient to nab a round trip ticket on any route within N. America with no blackout dates. One of the most popular routes among the FT crowd was Atlantic City to Edmonton on Delta. This entailed a fare break in ATL, so it consisted of two expensive tickets patched together, for a total of around $2600 in Delta credit (after cancellation). The reason it, and other similar secrets, didn't make it to the blogs was because we only discussed in person at FT meetups.

ETA: On second thought, I vaguely recall threads about optimal TYP routes, but they were cryptic enough to keep passing bloggers at bay...similar to the early fuel dump threads.
So the angle was to book the 20,000 ticket and then cancel which would provide a $ credit. Interesting and about what I surmised, but the how to do it was unclear. For what it is worth, I recall picking up a sniff of it from the old chat feature. No idea if that still exists, but it was basically a big chat room that anyone could enter and participate in or just observe. Back in my more rambunctious days I'd logon late night if other options didn't pan out