FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Checked-In Automatically w/o Me Requesting Mobile Check-in
Old Sep 5, 2019, 11:01 am
s0ssos

Originally Posted by dcstudent
Twice in the last couple weeks? That stinks.

Was not fun at check-in last night. Arrived at about 10pm, one person being helped - I was the only one in line. Only one clerk. Person being helped was having some sort of issue checking in so it was taking forever.

Airline crew arrives after I've already been waiting for 10min or so. Clerk goes into back, comes back with another employee. 2nd employee makes eye contact with me, asks me if I'm checkin in. I respond yes, to which he responds "she (original clerk) will be with you shortly. He continues to check in every member of the airline crew while I still wait.

After he finished with crew he comes over to help me. I ask for manager as I feel the wait and passing over me for later arrivals in unacceptable. Turns out he is the MOD. I let him know I find it unacceptable that I waited nearly 25 minutes to check in, and doubly unacceptable that he skipped over me to assist a bunch of folks that arrived after me, leaving me waiting. He gave me a line that by contract they have to check in crews before other guests (don't believe that for a second) but did apologize and offered me 5K points. Also apologized for the "system error" that resulted in my room downgrade - mentioned hotel was nearly sold out and that causes issues sometimes....

Other than that. A great stay.
Originally Posted by clublounger
You should believe it. It's true.
Is it also by contract that the manager cannot come out to assist another guest? Because the first agent should have gotten the manager after you were waiting so long so you can be checked in.