FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Let’s talk about alternatives to the SPG Amex after the massive Marriott devaluation
Old Sep 5, 2019, 8:57 am
FT

It's been a while since the last post, and I'm curious to see what some of you ended up deciding on? I'm going through this exercise now as I wanted to wait and see how things started to shake out as Marriott worked, and continues to work, their way through the integration.

I'm committed to my Platinum and just upgraded my SPG to Brilliant so I don't see Chase being a viable alternative for this and a few other reasons (although I don't want to discount their offering as it seems really strong, but it doesn't make as much sense for me). My wife and I are also adding the Gold card for the grocery and restaurant multipliers. So for every day, non-bonused spend, it seems like the two available options would be the Everday Preferred Card or the Blue Business.

Each have their pros and cons of course... BB has no annual fee and 2x up to $50k; EPC has an annual fee, has additional category spending, and nets 1.5x if 30+ transactions a month.

Are these two cards still a "toss up" or has one differentiated itself against the other in practical usage?