FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in SFO
View Single Post
Old Sep 4, 2019, 4:49 pm
fnorman

Programs: Alaska, BA, Air Canada, Delta
Originally Posted by theshaun
Will be connecting through SFO to SYD originating in YVR. Arriving on AC to international G gates and departing international A gates. I understand that I will have to leave the secured area and go through security again. I have about 1 hour and 40 min. is this enough time?
Our situation will be similar. We will travel from YVR to CNS via SFO with a stopover in MEL. I would be interested to know how the transfer at SFO from AC went. Because of impossible hurdles getting a business seat award ticket for the whole way from YVR to Cairns with a stopover in MEL, we opted for two award tickets: one for YVR-SFO economy on Westjet using Airmiles, and another for SFO-MEL(stopover)-CNS in business using Alaska miles. The Westjet flight is code-shared with Qantas so I have a have a very small hope we might be able to check bags through from YVR to MEL, but I think it unlikely, maybe because the Westjet arrival is treated as domestic because US preclearance will be done at YVR. What was your experience?