FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alcoholic beverage service in F vs MCE / Main Cabin Extra
Old Sep 3, 2019, 11:34 pm
metallo

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I'd suggest trying to find a way to get into F if you really want to knock back a few. Particularly with AA lately, FAs (and other staff) seem more emboldened than ever to provide poor service... and if they don't like your request or the way you make it, you may just find yourself meeting the local airport police when you land.

While that may seem ridiculous and extreme, AA has what must be one of the most sour groups of employees anywhere, in any industry, these days, and it seems like it doesn't take much for them to break down and lose all control... have witnessed it myself.

If I were faced with this situation and had to fly a route where F was sold out or was ridiculously priced or whatever, honestly I'd probably consider flying another airline, because service in Y is often simply inadequate. Your other option would be to tie one on in the lounge beforehand, if a nice end of week buzz is your primary objective.