FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA ignores oneworld protection when mech causes delay
Old Sep 3, 2019, 6:41 am
btonkid12345

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by percysmith
At one point AA did offer to route him to Dubrovnik. That's the be all and end all of their obligations. The fact it causes a no-show for next sector after stopover isn't AA's responsibility (couldn't Mike rebook?).
Really? They offered to route him to DBV TWO DAYS after he was supposed to depart. Can I call AA TWO DAYS after I book a ticket to avail myself of their full refund policy? I mean come on. What a double standard where the airline can find/apply their rules days later but no such grace period or generosity exists for the passengers.

The fact that it causes a no-show for the next sector is absolutely AA's responsibility. They cancelled a flight that caused all of these problems. How do you think its appropriate for an airline to rebook your outbound later than when your return is supposed to depart? That is insane.

If Delta causes an IROP of any sort, they will allow the return to be rebooked to allow you the same amount of time in the destination city. That is a completely reasonable policy. They will even do this if the return is on a separate ticket/PNR, which is generous, but still makes sense. And probably what contributes to their revenue premium - treating passengers like people and applying a reasonableness test - not applying draconian policies 48 hours late and leaving a passenger with no return because the airline cancelled a flight.