FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help Desk: practical assistance for those affected by strikes on 9, 10, 27 Sep
Old Sep 3, 2019, 4:33 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by samfrost93
Thanks c-w-s, this forum has been invaluable over the past few weeks. Happy to have joined, and will look to contribute where I can (rather than just ask questions). Between potential strikes, LGW long-haul fleet issues and weather this has been a pretty stressful couple of weeks hah.
Yes I can imagine. Very little of it you can change, and it's always worthwhile to consider what is under your control, and what is not. You can change to other airlines, but I would guess the booked service to Orlando remains your best way to go there. The one thing you could do is prepare a Plan B, so would you be OK to fly via Heathrow or Madrid or New York if there are problems on Saturday. I'm guessing the Evelop service to JFK won't be full for example.