FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott to Eliminate Single-use Toiletry Bottles
Old Sep 2, 2019, 5:32 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Proper aircon is still not a standard thing in hotels in Scandinavia, nor anywhere else for that matter. I don't necessarily think that is/was driven by environmental concerns. More driven by a "we don't need it more than a few days a year, so we will just suffer through those" thinking. The AirBNB will have windows that open, but very likely no aircon whatsoever.
AC is not a standard thing for hotels anywhere? That is news to me.

I am very familiar with Scandinavia, with residential properties in Scandinavia, and with Scandinavian hotels and with most such hotels and homes in the region not having any AC; but most such hotels and homes have room windows that open, while the hotels that don’t have any open-able room windows do have AC of sorts. I have stayed at over 100 major brand hotels in the Scandinavia region and have had thousands of nights in the area, so I know what to expect — including with regard to the short-comings of hotel housekeeping when hotels go from single-use toiletries to wall-mounted dispenser toiletries in the hotel rooms.

The nearby AirBNB listings are looking more favorable from a room temperature perspective and also from the perspective of having no wall-mounted toiletry dispensers.

Last edited by GUWonder; Sep 2, 2019 at 5:40 pm