FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USD/ARS Exchange hits new record high!
View Single Post
Old Sep 2, 2019, 8:50 am
A1pax

Originally Posted by malagajohn
Most professionals quote in USD .

Yes , the ARS has moved since you struck the deal . But prices have moved as well . If you did the deal in USD it's not very sporting to renege on that now.

63 for the GBP is not a great rate - a friend tells me that 68/69 is the rate in town for small transactions . When are you travelling ?

You can change GBP at Ezeiza when you arrive in the Banco Nación - official rates
Thanks, malagajohn. I got the tour guide prices mixed up - they were for Rio de Janiero and not Buenos Aires Our trip to South America from next week encompasses Chile, Uruguay, Argentina and Brazil - I got somewhat confused with the different currencies. The rate ARS 63 was from Thomas Exchange where I have consistently got better rates than banks and other exchange centres. The amount of ARS which we need will be small, so it probably makes little difference overall. We have pre-paid for a lot of things already - mostly in USD, as we don't want to carry large wads of cash. Certain things we can pay with credit cards at destinations - so we have been told.