FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JAL longhaul: declining service levels, higher fares
Old Sep 2, 2019, 3:16 am
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Flanker2
1. -Toothbrushes can be requested of course. However, previously it was not necessary to request them, they were readily available.
2. -The controllers are being phased out on the B787 fleet. I was on flights in June and July and they were gone. It is a decline when the peopel behind you are tapping on it constantly, especially the younger crowd.
4. -Yes the cabin crew used to smile, not anymore since a couple of months. We'll see if those were summer blues.
5. -You are right I apologise for this. The communication I got by email was not clear, it mentionned only about the automatic renewal, but to me the 5000 JGC renewal is also an automatic renewal. So I thought that this option had vanished and was furious about it. Shame that customer service didn't get back to me to correct me, as this lead me to dismiss JAL as a favorite flight option and I booked my next flights with AF and KLM.
I will put back JAL as my favorite flight option. They need to be clear when they communicate such things. The 5000 mile renewal option is important in my opinion, because this loyalty extends to much more than individuals. This is the reason me and my entire family choose JL over any other airline, and some of us influence bigger (government) accounts.
6. -It's been like that for years but a point deserving to be repeated until they get it. The main meal is usually good, it's the second meal that is not adequate.
8. -8 weeks is ridiculous, as is their lack of a 24 hour call centre in Tokyo. When London closes, I need to call the U.S. office and they give me half answers and can't take bookings.
9. -Thanks for letting me know. I would have preferred that the check-in staff in NRT would have mentionned it to me rather than having to read it on a forum. The QF lounge wasn't too bad.
10. -AY is still not on par with JL services but I was pleasantly surprised on their last flights, cabin crew were smiling, they stopped their annoying and pushy duty free ads and the A359 is growing on me even when compared to the 8Y B789's. Definitely a push in the right direction in terms of quality for AY.
Would that not be the AY check in staff that should let you know that the AY used lounge is changed to the QF lounge? (I realise that this will probably be mostly JAL people contracted by AY, yet AY manages the process and information)