FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Free Upgrade
Thread: Free Upgrade
View Single Post
Old Sep 1, 2019, 7:17 pm
subject2load

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
I was grateful for an A380 op-up from J to F on the lengthy sector PER-DOH, back in May of this year,

The J cabin was apparently overbooked, and there was a nice F b/pass already printed and waiting for me at PER check-in counter. I can only assume that I had been pre-selected for the move on the grounds of my OWE status (and perhaps lucky (?) that there were - presumably - no QRPC elites outranking me on the day).

The aircraft went out totally full, save for one empty seat in F, making just seven pax, including myself, in the cabin.

i thought the bed was probably the most comfortable I have experienced. Catering was excellent, as to be expected on QR. I suppose if I really, really wanted to pick fault it would be the fact that there is perhaps less of a gap between J and F on Qatar than experienced on various other carriers. But of course this perspective is largely a clear reflection of the outstanding quality standards set by QR for their J class product, in terms of service levels and overall comfort.

Last edited by subject2load; Sep 1, 2019 at 7:23 pm Reason: spelling