FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Schedule Change for December 2019
View Single Post
Old Sep 1, 2019, 3:35 pm
cmtlatitudes

Originally Posted by tylerdurden4543
And interestingly the 737-800MAX is back in the rotation (for now). Will be disappointing surprise for some as widebody service MIA-ORD and back in December has gone away.
The MAX popping up was first thing noticed this morning when checking a flight I was about to book over the Holidays to SVD. There had been no MAX's on this route and now popping up on the initial DCA-MIA leg. Unfortunately there is only one flight early enough to make the MIA-SVD on my day to fly. And the MIA-SVD flight only runs twice a week. I can also connect through BGI, which run twice daily, but these flights have been riddled with MAX's, so I had avoided them from the start. Plus an additional connection with LIAT or SVG air is needed from BGI, vice the SVD airport where I can take a short ferry to Bequia.

Why are MAX's being added to new flights? Does American legitimately believe they will have a "go" by the end of the year? It's hard to fathom.

I didn't book yet given this new development, although I planned to today. First, I don't really want to fly the MAX, probably ever. But more so I am worried about cancelled flights between Christmas and New Years, with the cost of accommodations in this time frame, even with trip insurance. I guess I should probably have more confidence AA wouldn't completely cancel a flight at the last minute during Prime holiday vacation season, that only runs twice a week??? But I am wary.