FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott to Eliminate Single-use Toiletry Bottles
Old Sep 1, 2019, 2:46 pm
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder

Nearly all people move somewhat when sleeping. So that’s how it works.

For the part of the hotel rooms beyond the bathrooms (the latter of which had their own time limits for their own motion detector power activation/deactivation triggers), if no motion had been registered in the trigger area for X minutes/hours, the air condition and the rest of the power for the room was to be throttled.

I’ve been in hotels’ bathrooms where the lights went out due to the the motion detection set-up for providing/cutting electricity. I move around enough in my sleep to not have had a problem with the motion detection-related cut-offs to the hotel rooms where it was trialed.
I usually don't move much at night, so I'd loose airxon. Depending on when I am it may not be a disaster. But imagine that in Hong Kong in August...

Reminds me of a former work place in Denmark, all lights were on motion sensor, but there were no motion sensors in the restrooms and absolutely zero natural lights in the restrooms either. Sometimes one would end up having to navigate from the stall through the space with the sinks, before getting out to an area with a motion sensor. With absolute zero light.
​​​​​