FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GUIDE: LAX / Los Angeles International Airport - MCT, Connection, etc.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 7:03 am
flyingeph12

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by coffeeblack
Thanks in advance for any help, I live on the other side of the world, but have (through various podcasts and popular media) come to understand that Los Angeles is traffic hell.

I just need to understand in terms of hotels, if I didn't want to stay RIGHT by the airport, but somewhere where it was still relatively easy to access the city, but on my first night (after a 15 hour flight from Singapore) still be quite easy to drive to from the airport, in maybe less than 30 minutes. Sounds like I'm trying to shop for real estate here, but grateful for any advice. My preference is IHG or Marriott, but non chain hotels are acceptable too.

Sorry to Mod if this is the wrong thread, but it is somewhat related to LAX, so I thought I should ask here.
Not sure what you mean by “easy access” to the city, but my choices for something close to LAX but not right at the airport would be the Marriott or Ritz Carlton Marina del Ray or the Four Points Westside—depending on your budget and type of hotel you are looking for.