FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why do you pay for an Admirals Club Membership?
Old Aug 31, 2019, 10:06 pm
dunno282

Programs: Marriott AmBE ; AA EXP; Amtrak Select Executive; Hertz PC
I pay for the AC membership because work allows me to expense it when flights are delayed over two hours. Flying with AA on the DFW to LGA route that means it happens more than 60% of the time. I just pay the yearly membership as it is cheaper in the long run. I don't need any water or food as I can expense it anyway. The snacks and food usually sucks and I don't drink alcohol so no value there. The lounge is usually over crowded but still better than sitting on the Gate chairs. I don't have to walk 10 minutes to the nearest bathroom is a plus. It is definitely nicer when I need to take a dump but if I'm just using the urinals it doesn't make a difference. I fly every week so I want to get to the airport as close to boarding time as possible. It's safe to say the $60 fee is ridiculously overpriced and not worth it at all. Honestly, I pay for it because I can expense it but I really have no use for it except for a little bit comfort. I wouldn't get the crappy AA CC with a $450 fee because of the lounge access. The Reserve card nets me 3x points and 1.5x redemption rate for flights/travel which is far superior to anything the AA CC offers.

only way i see that it's worth it is if I liked to get hammered before boarding a plane. I'd down $30-$40 worth of drinks at the lounge and GTFO.