FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)
Old Aug 31, 2019, 5:59 pm
Jason77

Fail during international travel

Im
a JP Reserve card holder but not a private banking client. I called one month before doing international travel to Italy letting them know my itinerary and set up a cap on ATM cash advance and my pin as I didn’t want to bring a debit card. Result was Not being able to use the credit or debit card. Apparently there was no record of my call and my pin got disabled and I’d have to wait till Monday to fix it.
I was stranded not able to check into a hotel and the executive line couldn’t offer a solution.
I didn’t have my Amex on
me but because I had their phone number was able to call Amex and they secured the room
for me even though the hotel didn’t even accept Amex!

Next day i call collect the number on back of JP reserve card. They had no record of my call or issues. Within 5 minutes of being on phone I get a fraud alert email from chase for my attempted room
charge the night before (about ten hours earlier). I get transferred to chase fraud prevention who then clears me to do charges but still have to wait until Monday for cash advance. Monday we will see what happens but I’m pretty sure I’m canceling my cards.

i was standing in a hotel lobby and was offered no solution after a 40 min phone call. But the next day phone call was more frustrating. After being cleared I made a store purchase and then get denied again about an hour later for another purchase. Fraud prevention alert again. I called and got cleared and will possibly follow up Monday regarding not being able to use cash advance. I’ll follow up but anyone ever have similar issues?