FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - InterContinental Lyon - Hotel Dieu (Master Thread)
Old Aug 31, 2019, 1:55 pm
stimpy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I am here now, upgraded to a Duplex Suite and very, very happy. As RA I was initially upgraded online to a Exec King River view but then seeing we had a small person with us they extended the upgrade to the suite. One night paid and one free night. The top floor of the suite has a sofa bed so that worked out great. But it is all about the hotel Dieu and the preservation of the architecture. The entire development area which includes the church is just stunning. The dome in the bar is amazing. The Club is on one side and has an internal terrace inside the dome. On the other side in the Presidential Suite. The club is excellent with good hot food in the evening and drinks 18h-20h. There was fish one night and chicken the next as well as plenty of other options. During tea time they had plenty to choose from. Everything is sourced locally except the Champagne. Which is Henriot. A bottle waiting for us in the room as well as in the mini-bar. There is plenty of Badoit Rouge about which is my favorite water. In both the exec and the suite they have rather high end amenities from Frederick Malle. However I saw the usual Alegria in the club bathroom.

The area behind the hotel is very lively and all renovated. The people of Lyon are very much enjoying this new area and the Dome bar has been busy day and night. This is a veritable palace, even better than Marseille and Le Grand Paris.