FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott to Eliminate Single-use Toiletry Bottles
Old Aug 31, 2019, 1:25 pm
cmd320
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by chipmaster
I found several posts concerned about tampering, but as road warriors the inconvenience or danger of removal of the little personal amenities if that is what the road warrior fears from the prior guest, should he be worried about the bed, the remote control, what might be in the ventilation vent, what my the tampering be in the buffet line, or kitchen, good god the conspiracy fear has no bounds
Linens on the bed are changed after each guest, though I do usually give the bed a little inspection when I get into a room to ensure there isn't any presence of bed bugs or anything else that looks questionable. The remote I'll usually hit with a Clorox wipe. I don't ordinarily contact the vents in any way.

Originally Posted by jrich7970
But you don't have to use these products. As a 100+ nights a year person as well...if I had an issue with these dispensers, I would just bring my own. And I might start. A little bottle of shampoo lasts me more than the 5 days I'm there. So, filling one up and tossing it in my bag before I leave isn't exactly a big deal.

Just my opinion. Others may differ.
No disagreement. I sometimes do bring my own but its obviously far more convenient for the hotel to provide this which is something I expect paying anywhere from $200-$500+/night.