FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Scottsdale McDowell Mountains, AZ [Master Thread]
Old Aug 31, 2019, 1:24 pm
Bravada04

Just got back from our stay here.........I ended up locking in an even cheaper BRG rate that I luckily found. Had Super Shuttle drop us off and pick us up for the airport - worked like a charm and didn't have to worry about space for golf clubs and suitcases etc., Ended up renting from Hertz on North Hayden Drive I believe it was. Hotel shuttle took us there and then Hertz said they are associated with the Scottsdale Marriott and just leave the car there when finished - they will give us a call and we will pick it up! That worked out fantastic - I didn't realize but he also said if they would have known they would have dropped the car off for us when we arrived.

A few great employees on site such as Charles & Garrett ( Bell men and shuttle drivers ) , Summer in the Agave restaurant was great too. I had received two emails from the hotel prior to arrival from two different people and requested any type of upgrade or even a balcony I would be happy with as we enjoy sitting outside at night having a drink or two...arrived with really no recognition and then I asked if our room had a balcony or patio and she said "No". So....... I asked again if it would be possible and she looked at a few things and said yeah no problem?? Drives me nuts when the place is not fully booked this time of year and no upgrade offered and I have to ask for something especially after communication with the hotel.

Hotel is dated and you can see it in a few areas such as the elevators and areas where it looks like it already has 10 coats of paint on it! We liked our room. It had a nice view and plenty of large enough with a small fridge which really came in handy. The only negative was it was 40+ degrees each day and our AC barely and I mean barely kept the room slightly cool. We couldn't sleep with any covers as the room was too hot!!!!

Breakfast was offered as a PLAT and it was just fine with good service. You could order off the menu which was excellent. We ate at Agave twice and it was o.k. - not a very large menu the food was average to good.

Would we stay here again. Yes, because the price was right, we had a balcony, it is very convenient to restaurants and golf and MOST IMPORTANTLY - they received our business because they DO NOT CHARGE A RESORT FEE OR PARKING FEES!!!! Each and every hotel moving forward will get my business because of that. I am tired of the scam charges and this hotel is not one of them!

We had a great vacation in the heat - and it was hot. Played 3 games of golf - one of which was on the TPC course that the hotel is on. Great course in excellent condition this time of year. We also played The Boulders and then drove out to Maricopa and played Ak-Chin Southern Dunes.