FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park South • NYC • joie de vivre [master thread]
Old Aug 30, 2019, 12:25 pm
wanymayold

Had 2 nights stay here in early August. Room rate is decent.
Not sure if we got any upgrade or not, but the room is one at the end of the hall and appear to be slightly larger than most other rooms based on the map.
There is a separate elevator near our room. However, the front desk told us if we leave the hotel from that elevator in the night, we won't be able to get back in from that entrance. Instead, we would have to walk around the block and re-enter the hotel from its front entrance.
The pillow is very comfy as it provides ideal amount of firmness. Often times, I found default hotel pillows to be either too firm or too soft.
There is also a small box of 4 piece decent quality chocolate in the room. Not sure if that is a globalist amenity or they give that to every one.

The breakfast was a mixed experience. The food was decent and we enjoyed it. But the service was strange.
I dont want to bother you with the details, but basically, upon knowing we have breakfast included (they asked for room number first to check on that), they dropped the food and avoided us like a plague, including a guy who looks like the manager. One thing nice is that they did not ask us to sign anything and just waived us away when we left.
It makes me wonder perhaps the waiters are not receiving tips for tables getting free breakfast, hence the attitude. We know this should not be the case based on WOH term. But being a relative new hotel in the family, I wouldn't be surprised that they are not following that.
Also sides are not covered (which one side should be, based on WOH terms for globalist). It is a small charge so I did not want to waste my time fighting for it.