FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Costa Rica Inflight Service
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2019, 10:13 am
RetiredSFOATC

Programs: AS, UA, AA, HiltonHonors
Originally Posted by beckoa
...shocked that this was offered in the Main Cabin? I thought the Main Cabin had discontinued hot meals. Perhaps LIR/SJO are expections?
That surprised me too. I didn't actually check - maybe he (FA) was pulling my leg, but I wasn't going to challenge him on that one. I suspect there may be some weird catering anomaly on that route, given AS's small presence in Central America, the small airport/services community there, etc.

And only one drink service is unacceptable- either ask the FA, or push the button.
For sure. I wasn't really thirsty, or I would have asked. I was just surprised that there wasn't a formal "can I get you anything else" or "would you like another xxx?" I saw the FA loading up the snack basket, so I thought "Here comes the second bev service," but I think that must have been for PE, since I didn't see it after that. Of course, once I finally got to use the loo, maybe he snuck in the second service, but when I came out, he was in the same conversation with the same people as when I went in. NBD, other than the "What happened...?" question.

Good news, as a revenue F passenger, you'll be getting a nice mileage bonus from the flights ^
Yes! I got more miles than I expected, which was good, of course. Exactly how many of them are EQMs I'm not entirely sure, and that's what I'm really after right now.

In the "What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight?" thread, we briefly got into an interesting conversation about expectations in F, and whether they should be any different between *upgrading* to F (or comped) and paying full-on F fares. I think that's an interesting question (and perhaps discussed elsewhere around here - I haven't seen it). It seemed that the most seasoned of us (FWIW, this was a survey of two people, so....) feel there should be no difference in service or expectations when on a U or an F. I, as a "lowly MVP," find my expectations different - I'm much more tolerant when in a U seat. Right/Wrong? As I said to @FlightNurse and @Flying for Fun, "Hm."