FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Luggage with user replaceable wheels?
View Single Post
Old Aug 29, 2019, 11:17 pm
iceblueshoes

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive- Blue, Lifemiles, AA Advantage, VIA Rail Preference, Iberia Plus
Question Luggage with user replaceable wheels?

Hello all,

so for whatever reason, the wheels on my luggage always seem to wear down on one side. It may be due to the weight I put in (usually pick up 4-6 bottles on a trip) but there are no other breaks in my luggage. The "case" itself is fine.
I have a heys luggage (26") and Atlantic luggage (28+"). Both are hard body case polycarbonate. Sure they have wear and tear, but the same wheel has worn through on both. I've tried looking online but seems neither company just sells the parts. At least in the case of the heys, the only place that will service them which I'm aware of, is a bit of a hike to get to since I don't own a car.

While I try not to destroy my luggage, I don't freak out about chips and scuffs.
Any suggestions that won't cost more than a mortgage payment?

I also have a heys carry-on which is really scuffed up (got it for $20 about 10yrs ago) but besides that it's great! Glides like a dream! With that being said, I actually don't use it too often.
I found the build quality and "ride" to be much better on the heys than the Atlantic, but I had to rush for the Atlantic since I needed it right before I had a trip. Now that I have more time, I'd like some suggestions so that I can take my time.

Thanks in advance!

Also if someone can point me in the right direction to get parts, that would be a big help too! Seems so wasteful to not try to fix either of these.