FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Las Alcobas, St Helena (Napa Valley), CA [Left Marriott]
Old Aug 29, 2019, 10:59 pm
boolean64

Originally Posted by Duke787
Point taken -- I'm sold. Sitting on large pile of Marriott is a fool's game -- and I always tell my wife that all my travel ultimately benefits her when we travel and get to have flights / hotels / upgrades so here is a prime opportunity to put my money (err Marriott points) where my mouth is.

Now the question is just whether to book the "Estate View" room or the "Superior Room" -- on the face of things the Estate Room costs more money if paying cash but don't see anything about the superior room in this thread so not sure if that room is better or worse
I'd definitely go with the estate view room. I believe the "superior room" is upstairs in the house. I've not seen the room, but if you look on the website you can see it is a materially different room (and I believe does not have the all important fire pit). Other than the six rooms in the house, the rest of the rooms are all the same (other than the suites) with the only difference being the view. The Estate View room is very pleasant unless you are a very very light sleeper as you can sometimes get noise from the main road. My wife is a pretty light sleeper and has never had a problem though. And, while i hate that some hotels put non-suites in the SNA pool, this is a rare spot where the vineyard view is a material upgrade so depending on other uses, you should consider using them here.

One other note...if you have hyatt points and were OK with the drive from downtown Napa, the Andaz is way better than the westin. But this seems like a no brainer to stay at the alcobas.