FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]
View Single Post
Old Aug 29, 2019, 12:14 pm
YuropFlyer

Originally Posted by l380
Due to BA's upcoming strike, I have the fortunate opportunity to fly Swiss via ZRH for the first time. I tried searching and digging in this thread but there are just too much useful information and I can't find the right one. Would appreciate if someone can please clarify the lounge situation and teach me how to maximize the airport/Zurich experience. In addition to flying Business Class, I have Star Gold status. I will be arriving on LX243 from Dubai at 0625am and leaving to Palermo at 1625pm. I will have 10 hours in Zurich.

1. Can I go to the lounge in Gate E immediately upon arrival before clearing border and custom?
2. After using Gate E lounge, can I exit the airport to head to Zurich downtown?
3. After we finish the tour in Zurich, can we go back to Gate E lounge before our flight to Palermo?
4. Is it worthwhile visiting the arrival lounge?
5. How much time would you spend in Zurich downtown?
6. Should I bid for upgrade from my Business Z -class ticket to First in order to use the Gate E first class lounge upon arrival?

Thank you again!
1) Yes you can, but I'd probably head to the Arrivals lounge instead. Much better breakfast, no wait for showers and less crowded. And no extra security check.
2) Yes (but see above, I'd head directly to Arrivals lounge)
3) Yes, BUT only if you've a passport (or Visa) that allows unlimited entries to Schengen area, since you'll be exiting (and entering it again) when doing so.
4) See answer 1. It easily beats E lounge for breakfast, unless you want to drink alcohol.
5) If the weather is right, I'd spend the morning and lunch in the city, then head to the airport.
6) Up to you. Personally I'd not bother, the minimum bidding price buys you MUCH, MUCH better food (and drinks) in the city of Zürich

7) When will it be? If 9th September, drop me a message since I'd have time to give you a city tour