FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott to Eliminate Single-use Toiletry Bottles
Old Aug 28, 2019, 11:44 pm
storewanderer

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by bhrubin
While some of you debate the reasons why hotels are reducing/eliminating plastic toiletry containers and the security for the replacement refillable bottles, the policy will be implemented regardless. Enjoy.

The environmental benefits of reduced plastics are obvious and well proven despite the rhetoric to the contrary. Whatever the costs. It's a win for the environment, regardless. Enjoy.

Lots of trolling here. I'm out...since willful disinformation and ignorance aren't my cup of tea. Enjoy.
Let's see, they are replacing little disposable plastic bottles (with a bottle and a cheap tin lid) with BIG disposable "tamper resistent" (it takes more plastic to make them tamper resistent... that is also why these big bottles can't be refilled) plastic bottles that contain a dispenser spout (like a thick plastic straw) and more thick plastic for the product to fall out of. I will repeat myself here, Marriott is switching to BIG NON-REFILLABLE PLASTIC BOTTLES.

No environmental benefit at all. Those big bottles are thicker and use even more plastic than the little bottles being replaced. Total cost cutting and labor savings move.

If they were going to wall mounted refillable dispensers then your arguments, bhrubin, would be valid and correct. But that is not what is happening here.