FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott to Eliminate Single-use Toiletry Bottles
Old Aug 28, 2019, 11:18 am
Gig103

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by Dgosche
I think these dispensers are disgusting. I had too many friends that were in frats to trust any mass use product that people have unsupervised access to. I'll either start buying my own disposable bottles or just use the bar soap on my hair.
And that's how Marriott wins double savings - on the bulk rate of toiletries, and on the lower utilization. Well, until they get me in the room and I decide to go-to-town not that I'm not constrained by 1oz of product!

I've seen places with bulk bottles that have ways to reduce tampering to someone willfull, and hopefully staff will be trained that if they see those signs they report it instead of just rinse and/or top off the bottle. I'd feel more comfortable if they had numbered zip-ties on a bottle lock.

Another thing Marriott could do to convince us that it's good for the environment AND good for us, is improve the quality. How about some Shiseido or L'Occitaine? But they don't need to convince us.