FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UX - Air Europa
Thread: UX - Air Europa
View Single Post
Old Aug 28, 2019, 1:36 am
glennhaak

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by fredo1664
I am considering doing a XP run with Air Europa ORY-MAD-LIS in Business class, to earn 60 XP with Flying Blue. However I read that Business Class "O" does not qualify for earning XP. When I try and book the flight on Air Europa's website, I see discounted business tickets at a price of 425 euro or so for a return trip, but nowhere does it say if it's in "O" or "J".
I am guessing these discounted tickets are in "O" and therefore won't earn any XP ?
Originally Posted by vinnyc
Hi fredo1664:
I tried to make a dummy reservation as well and indeed it doesn't look like Air Europa displays the fare letter anywhere (sometimes, it is buried in the fare conditions like for AF). Since you cannot select the fare class to purchase, you can either:
  • give a call and make the reservation on the phone, and argue that because you cannot complete your reservation online, they should waive the 12EUR phone booking fee. This technique usually works but I am not familiar with Air Europa, so I am not sure this will play with the agent. Considering however that you are paying a business class ticket, I suspect the agent might show you some goodwill.
  • proceed with the booking, but use the option "Pay Later". That way, you will have a Record Locator and you can then call the agent on the phone to confirm this is not an "O" fare, and if it is, ask the agent to change the immediately above fare class and pay/issue the ticket directly on the phone.
Keep us updated on how this goes!
Cheers
vinnyc
Or just enter all the details of the booking into ITA Matrix which will show the farebucket, if the prices match up you can be fairly sure that it's this farebucket. There are ways to force ITA Matrix in showing higher farebucket which are eligible for earning by using the following command in the advanced controls: F bc=X where X is the desired farebucket (Business Class – J, C, D, I: 100% source: https://www.flyingblue.nl/nl/partner...a/presentation)

Then use powertools or bookwithmatrix to book the flights.