FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Auto Rental CDW; questions & experiences [Consolidated]
Old Aug 27, 2019, 2:46 pm
themicah

Originally Posted by guv1976
I would follow up with Chase's insurance provider. I was originally told by Chase's insurance administrator -- which is NOT the insurance company -- that the Chase "primary" coverage was only secondary coverage for residents of NY and the other handful of states identified at the head of this thread. I filed a complaint with the federal agency that regulates banks/credit cards, and was subsequently contacted by a representative of the actual insurance company in Virginia; the insurance rep informed me that Chase's insurance administrator got it wrong, and that NY residents do indeed get primary coverage. I'm not sure if that's also true residents of Texas and the other listed states.
I think the info about it being secondary for residents of some states may be outdated or based on a misinterpretation of something as I can't find that information anywhere else and the benefits guide (at least for CSR, can't speak to other Chase cards) says straight out that the coverage is primary, with no qualifications or exclusions. Also I'm a NY resident and got primary coverage when I had an issue in 2018.

Does anybody have a source for this rule? If not, I'd suggest deleting it from the wiki. But if there is a source, I hope someone will share it, as it would be a a pretty significant thing for Chase to entirely omit from the benefits guide.