FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HHonors Points Stolen Through Amazon.com
View Single Post
Old Aug 27, 2019, 12:25 pm
Gundy1990

Programs: Hilton Diamond. AA Platinum.
Originally Posted by Hotel Points Guy

These are very good questions and I would like to add one more to the mix. For anyone who received a new Honors account after a fraud issue, was the entirety of lifetime base points/nights/stays transferred to the new account? This is important to anyone seeking lifetime Diamond status. I can imagine how frustrating it would be to have earned 990 lifetime nights when fraud strikes, only to embark on a new battle with Hilton using a new account number that hasn’t imported all the data from the previous account!
Thank you. This is one that I didn't even consider that I will be sure to inquire to the Diamond desk about after I get things sorted out with 'HH Fraud Protection'. Generally speaking, my experiences with the Diamond Desk and Hilton customer service are generally positive. The frustrating thing about this is there's no way to communicate with Fraud Protection via a phone call. This is a time where it would really be refreshing to talk to someone and ask questions to better protect myself in the future. That being said, as others have suggested, I don't believe this to be the fault of the consumer for not changing their password frequently enough.

Thanks for sharing. This is another good point that I will inquire to the Diamond Desk about after sorting things out with Fraud Protection. My experiences with the Diamond Desk and Hilton customer service have generally been positive. It's a shame there isn't a way to communicate with HH Fraud Protection via phone because now would really be a good time to speak with someone to ask questions to better protect myself in the future and try to figure out how this is happening.

Last edited by Canarsie; Aug 28, 2019 at 10:50 am Reason: Consolidation.