FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK status match (2017 onwards)
View Single Post
Old Aug 27, 2019, 2:34 am
thelister

@ISTFlyer

Thanks for offering further help! It would be wonderful if I could just book another *A flight to fulfill the 15K requirement. However, at this point, I am bit confused as if you read @craigthemif comment, it seems that it would have to be operated by Turkish. The wording in the email is quite bad to be honest.

Any further light on this would be great. Change fee + fare difference + OTA fee is coming up to around 800Eur....

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
@thelister

May I ask you, are you trying to fulfill your 15000 miles requirement?
If so, if you're flying with other *A members until 1 Mar, credit them to TK which would also fulfill the requirements.
Or do a mileage run which could be cheaper than changing your ticket. If you provide your hometown and miles that you would collect until 25-26 Feb, we could help you on finding the cheapest ways to earn the required miles.
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Operated by Turkish.

If you read the main thread, you'll see lots of complaints from people who did their miles with a *A airline. TK status match (2017 onwards)
Originally Posted by thelister
Amigos,

For those who received a similar email after status match, could you please shed some light on whether the 15,000 Status Miles have to be operated by Turkish Airlines? Or would any in Star Alliance be okay?

Excerpt from email: Elite Status Match was done as per your request in your feedback, and your membership account number TKxxxx has been shifted to the Elite status. The Elite card trial period is 4 months. Subsequent to the inclusion of an international flight you will perform with Turkish Airlines within the first 4 months following the beginning of your Elite membership in your account, your trial period will be extended for 8 months and regarded valid for one year in total. If you earn 15,000 status miles in Turkish Airlines international line flights in the first year of your Elite membership, your membership will be extended for one year, and it will be valid for two years in total.

Thanks.
T