FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC now ranked "one of the worst performers" for OTP
Old Aug 26, 2019, 9:03 pm
WaytoomuchEurope

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I'm puzzled by the recurring statement here that AC's asset management is abysmal.

I don't know a single thing about airlines or the business of running them. I'm certain I'd lose an argument on the matter with 98% of you. Having said that...

Is it not possible that AC being consistently one of the worst OTP airlines globally is because they know EXACTLY how to manage their fleet for the purposes of maximum profitability?

It strikes me that most of you argue they're awful at it because it doesn't fit YOUR definition. You'd like them to be punctual, they aren't, and so they are clearly poor with asset management.

I believe we generally all agree at this point that AC doesn't give a hoot about OTP, right? Is that because they're stupid and can't do better? Or is it because their math tells them they are doing it right? I look at their revenue, profits, and share price over the last decade and I find it exceedingly difficult to suggest they are stupid.