FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Figuring out AA EQDs on changed flight (to merge)
Old Aug 26, 2019, 1:29 pm
Jonesdds

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Figuring out AA EQDs on changed flight (to merge)

As I'm sure many of you do getting near years end I've been looking at remaining travel for the year as I knew I would be close to qualifying EXP again and wanted to make sure I get there. Of course with the changes the EQD requirement is more the issue now than the EQMs and has made mileage runs less useful.

With my planned and taken travel I'm going to be just over 300 short on EQDs. I can probably get about $150 out of a BA flight I'm planning and wonder how close I am with a change I made with a change.

I booked RT on AA LAX to LHR in the fall. About $550 in economy and used two SWUs to upgrade my wife and I on the return as it was available on booking. Fingers were crossed on the outbound being able to upgrade it for awhile and then I saw the day after become available with a fair that was just $150 more. I had some airline credits to use so figured it was worth the small amount to use SWUs for the outbound and be confirmed ahead of time. So I paid the difference(about $150) and the change fees and upgraded it to business.

The original flight came in at $350 for EQDs which is what my year end calculations are using. But if I've paid $150 more for the flight, what will the EQDs then be? Figured AA could tell me that but nope! How is this possible? Talked to both reservations agents and AAdvantage customer services, nothing even though my DM response from them is that AAdvantage customer service can help. Ridiculous this information is not obtainable.....

Any other options? I'd like to get a precise number but if I know the exact fare difference can I figure this out myself within a few bucks? I'd like not to take another AA flight this year as my destinations really are better served with Delta in addition to the flights being a lot cheaper. With the change and the added BA flight that just might do it.