FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Premium Fare Gone]: CX: Vietnam to North America from $674 (J) and $1100 (F)
Old Aug 26, 2019, 11:29 am
Shareholder
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Just got a sked change notice that my Nov 8th HKG-DAD flight has been cancelled (8a) and the new (and only) flight that day is at 6:10p. As I had already booked an afternoon revenue DAD-SGN-SIN flight with Vietnam Air on the 8th and must be in Singapore by midday on the 9th at the latest, not sure what to do. Might be able to change the DAD-SGN-SIN to the 9th with penalty fees. Could get CX to change me to SGN on the 8th and book something on the 9th to SIN using the residual value of the Vietnam Air ticket. Unlikely that I can ask CX to put me on one of their HKG-SIN flights on the afternoon of the 8th? Or I can just ditch the HKG-DAD and buy a HKG-SIN ticket with cash or an award.

Any suggestions? Other options? (I have looked at changing the JFK-HKG F sector ahead by a day but will miss connect on HGK-DAD and only have the same flight on the 8th.)

Last edited by Shareholder; Aug 26, 2019 at 5:53 pm