View Single Post
Old Aug 26, 19, 7:14 am
glennhaak

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by Mat.J View Post
Hi,

I'm planning to purchase a new carry-on : a Rimowa Cabin PLUS. I find the 'Plus' model more adequate to my carry-on needs when it comes to packing/storage space.
However, the dimensions of that carry-on exceed the max dimensions allowed by Air France OR any airline actually. Though they still advertise it as a cabin/carry-on suitcase, people use it as so i believe.
Does anyone know if that carry-on will fit in most overhead lockers? Embraer 190 / a18/19/20 ... The dimensions are 57/44/25.5 - 49liters.
I don't want to run into a single problem at the gate with this carry-on and then have to worry about it every time I fly, i'm buying this for the long run!
thanks in advance for your help
I have this one from when it was still called the Rimowa Topas Stealth, a friend suggested to buy the biggest carry-on they had and without me actually checking the dimensions, I bought an "illegal" carry-on.

To answer your questions, yes it fits in most overhead lockers of the aircraft that I fly: AF A319/320/321 KL E190/737/738/739 (it fits in all longhaul aircraft) however in an E190 I need to put it sideways limiting overhead space for others so when I have a flight on a E190 I almost always bring another bag instead of the Rimowa.

Although it is not the allowed size, I feel like Rimowa designed this model with the overheads in mind, that even if it's bigger than most airlines allow, it will still fit.

So far, I've only had to check it once from ARN-SVO where it would've easily fit (especially in a practically empty J cabin...)