FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Luxury Hotels In New York
View Single Post
Old Aug 26, 2019, 5:54 am
stimpy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I am at the Trump now. Booked with FHR and got 3rd night free with the usual bennies and an upgrade to an Executive Suite/apartment. It's not on a residential floor, but it has a full kitchen. I think this is my first mid-town hotel stay that has a swimming pool. Nice steam and sauna too. I like most everything about this hotel except the design in the room is a bit dated, especially in the small bathroom. Everything is shiny and new looking though. No stains or scratches anywhere. And of course I love the location. We usually stay at the St Regis on family visits, but gave this a try. It is perfectly fine.

If anyone stayed at the Ritz Carlton by Four Seasons in Chicago before the recent renovation I would say that is a good comp. Great hotel and great service, but the RC really needed that renovation. This hotel could use the same makeover.

I have to add now that the pool closed yesterday for renovation. And the locker rooms are closing today. No advanced warning at all. That plus the small bathroom are the only two negatives so far.