FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Phuket & Krabi, Thailand
View Single Post
Old Aug 26, 2019, 4:55 am
docmcdreamy

Programs: BAEC
March recommendations?

Bumping this thread and looking for ideas...

We've been to Phuket twice before and want to do something different. The last time we went there was in September (rainy season) so this time we are going in March and hoping for a better experience. Just as a background, we tried Amanpuri before - beautiful beach but F&B was frightlyfully expensive. We decided to go somewhere cheaper last year but opted for a high category room, so we went to JW Marriott Mai Khao with low expectations - surprisingly good stay and we were in the oceanfront suite which was great. Yes it is not Amanpuri (service not as polished) but the F&B, whilst still expensive, was more affordable and plenty more options. Beach was not bad too. We would go back here by default but looking for other options to try.

For next March we are still looking to stay at two different resorts in Phuket/Krabi area with nice beaches and a reasonable selection of places to eat where we don't have to break the bank all the time. Budget is USD$700-750 a night. Maybe I am in the wrong forum and if so let me know. We have decided to try Rayavadee this time and looking for resort no.2. Amanpuri and Trisara are way beyond budget. RC Phulay Bay is a no-no due to beach. Any other recommendations? I am considering a beach access villa at Anantara Layan in Phuket. Beach looks a bit questionable though during low tide. If anyone has any experience staying in this resort of have any other similar recommendations please let me know. Thank you!