FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)
Old Aug 25, 2019, 6:54 pm
Tokyoite

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by kentauta
A couple of questions for LAX users:

1. Does the AA Flagship lounge practically welcome JL passengers? I hold AA Plat Pro (OWS), and am flying J on JL61 (so no access to the QF F lounge), so on paper I am eligible, but I am wondering passengers like me will be subject to denial for capacity control and sent back to the OW lounge. Just learned that T4 and TBIT are connected on the air side and am wondering if it's worth trying it.
No issue at all. It is my go to lounge these days when going through LAX on JAL flights.

Originally Posted by kentauta
2. Do the JL check in counters open exactly 3 hours before flight as stated on the website or they actually open earlier by any chance? As with many San Diego residents flying out of LAX, I have the dilemma of arriving too early or too late due to the unpredictable traffic on the way to LAX. Thanks.
Fortunately (or unfortunately), they open the check in counters on time. You could try checking through your bags in San Diego.