FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question-Would you get MQD if AeroMexico change your flt to United?
Old Aug 25, 2019, 3:39 pm
rizrizriz

Question-Would you get MQD if AeroMexico change your flt to United?

Here is my quandary
On a flight that was delayed for almost 6 hours out of MEX (MEX-ICN, AM90) on 25 Aug. Was scheduled to take AM91 (INC-MEX) at 1245 on 26th. Then a connection later in the day on the 26th to SFO. The same plane (but of course each flight is different crews that arrive from the flight prior) So now this plane will arrive perhaps less than 2 hours before its SCHEDULED to depart on the 26th. I am fairly confident I will have her time issues getting thru any customs, etc

But I have now just seen that it seems AeroMexico reservation system has booked me on United flight (UA892) which is direct ICN > SFO. While this would have me get back to SFO quicker. I am fairly confident that I will NOT get AM to reflect the trip details and get the MQD that I was expecting (and the primary reason for this particular trip.

Has anyone had this before? I might be more inclined to think i MIGHT get MQM and MQD equalivate to what I expected on the original flight details if this was on Delta. But its AM and there are enough issues with getting miles and MQD correctly at times between AM and Delta when you fly on a AM ticket.

Just wondering if anyone has datapoints to share.

I plan on landing and immediately take to local staff and request to be kept on the original flight details and NOT the (later in the day) direct flight on United
Have spoke to AM on Twitter and about all I get is "...we kindly suggest you contact Delta after the trip has been completed..."