FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New research (further) undermining SPOT/BDA
Old Aug 25, 2019, 12:12 pm
halls120
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Carl Johnson
Some years ago saizai put up a list of indicators used in the SPOT program (I think he got it from the Intercept, put it up as a bmp or something I think, and then after some comments from flyertalkers that it was fuzzy, reworked it to make it more readable). All the indicators are just total nonsense. Off the top of my head I remember excessive whistling, sweating, and leg shaking. And to show exactly what these people are actually worried about, one indicator is contempt for the screening process. Right. Right. A terrorist isn't going to go through smoothly and quietly, he's going to observe all the foolish things the clerks do and their violations of the rules and make a ruckus and call attention to himself. I think all the indicators are just random except for the ones designed to characterize disrespecting the clerk's authoritah as nefarious. The whole list was done in bad faith.
When does TSA do anything that isn't in bad faith? The entire SPOT program is a joke, and always has been.