FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SLH Aressana in Santorini Greece
View Single Post
Old Aug 24, 2019, 3:18 pm
RedSun
Suspended

SLH Aressana in Santorini Greece

Introduction This is our second and last stop in Santorini Greece. I originally booked a stay at Oia, but booked Aressana in the last month. The room in Oia costs 40,000 Hyatt points each and I booked two rooms at 80,000 in total. I redeemed with Hyatt points and upgraded with cash payment. This is much better than booking two "double" rooms. Check In We took a taxi from the "On The Rocks" (another SLH hotel) from Imerovigli to Fira. The driver called the hotel just before we arrived. A hotel lady drove a golf cart to taxi to take our luggage. The taxi is not allowed to drive to hotel front since it is a pedestrian area. At check-in, the staff tried to please. They offered cold towel and cold lemonade. Great.The lobby is large. But the ceiling is low and it looks dark. The dark color sofas do not help.Welcome drinks:Bar area:Front desk: Room This is a "junior suite" for up to 4 people. It has two rooms, one with two "twin" beds and the other with sofa bed(s). There is a single shared bathroom. Others are standard. It has private access to shared pool with other 3 suites.The hotel room noise control is not good. During our stay, we heard the yelling fight between a couple in the room next to us. It was ugly.Walk ways to room:Main bedroom:Secondary bedroom:Private access to shared pool: Service We only stayed there one night, so not much to write here. Front staff were nice and happy to help. Dining Buffet breakfast is included. It is adequate and a little plain. I would not complain. Location The hotel is located in Fira, the capital of Santorini. It is close to Fira ferry port and gets a lot of daily visitors from the cruise boats. There are many many shops, bars and restrauants. The prices are generally cheaper than in Oia. The hotel itself is away from the caldera area, but the caldera area is just outside hotel. There are frequent buses run from Fira to many other towns. It is just 5 minute walk from the hotel.If you like crowd, bars and food, then Fira is for you. The location is the center of Santorini island. To us, Fira is too crowded. The hotel feels like a city center hotel. It is not built on the caldera and it lacks the feel of the "rocks" or "caves". Overall My feel for this hotel is mixed. It is a nice hotel for average folks. It offers almost everything: transportation, drinks and food, shops, caldera etc. But it is a city center hotel, not built as a traditional Santorini hotel.