FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - To upgrade or not to upgrade...
View Single Post
Old Aug 24, 2019, 11:58 am
The _Banking_Scot
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by stealthferret
Hi,

So the wife wife and I have return flights booked in WTP in Nov (LHR to SFO rtn).

Total cost £873ea (technically £793ea as we reduced the cost using some Avios).

Logging into the app I can see there’s a limited time offer to upgrade the outbound to Business for £567ea which seems incredibly cheap. Not sure if they’re trying to free up WTP (4 seats left) and fill up Business (5 seats filled)?

Whats the opinion of those that fly more than me? Is it as good a price as it seems? Does it indicate a high liklihood of an upgrade at the desk? Is it probable that an ever better price could come along (based on past experience)?

Also, as an aside, when I did a dummy booking to see what it cost for business on the same flight one-way (£8800 if you wanna know) it said I could select my seat for free? I thought you had to pay to select a seat in business? I wasn’t logged in either.
Hi,

I think that GBP 567 to upgrade WTP to CW is reasonable. There is a thread on airpor upgrades wihch may have a list of previous Airport upgrade costs ( SO maight be on the list)

The most expensive fares ( ie like the GBP 8000 ) will allow seat choice for free with no status . The discounted business fares do not allow free seat choice in advance w/o status.

Regards

TBS