FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using points at Fairmont hotels. Possible at reception?
Old Aug 24, 2019, 7:43 am
CanadaDH

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
I am about the book a stay at a Fairmont. Because the Accor website weirdly does not offer the same prices and packages as Fairmont's own website, I will book on the latter. However that does not give my the option to use my Accor points online to deduct a portion of the rate. Is it possible to still do this at the hotel? I would assume a rate booked on the Fairmont website, even if it is not available to the direct LCAH channels, would qualify for this?
Yes. You can use your points at check-out. I just redeem whatever points I have in my account before paying the final balance at check-out, since I see little advantage to saving them up.

I would never book a Fairmont hotel from the Accor site. In addition to being slow and buggy, it seems it doesn't show all of the rates options available on the Fairmont website. You would think integrating the promotions/packages so they show the same options wouldn't be all that difficult, but this is Accor IT we're talking about.