FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges
Old Aug 23, 2019, 1:07 pm
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by carlosdca
Just based on the fine print, OW lounge access has to consider any OW agreements.
For OW lounge access purposes, LAX-MIA is no different than LAX-LAS?
The transcon (Benefit) exception to access lounges is nowhere in the OW fine print, just AA. Isn't it?
Seems to me a perk offered by AA to transcon J/F pax, not a OW rule.
I know there might be anecdotal experience but as far as what the published rules are, I don't see how transcon pax have access to OW lounges based on fare class.
You're thinking about it the wrong way. The oneworld rules say any First or Business class flight (all destinations all oneworld carriers) comes with lounge access. AA then has it's own exception within those rules that say business class flights wholly within N. America do not get lounge access, except for MEX and the premium transcons of JFK-LAX/SFO and MIA-LAX.

Basically any oneworld F or J flight comes with lounge access by default unless it specifically called out as an exception, and MIA-LAX isn't included in the N. America exception, so good to go.